Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Cerebus 35 Jam Project

2012 is the 35 anniversary of Cerebus #1 being published. 

As a tribute to this, I'm sending Dave Sim a piece of art with my self-published characters Iguana and Beer (currently appearing in glamourpuss #25/zootanapuss #4 *plug* *plug*) in party hats ready to celebrate, standing over Cerebus' corpse from issue #300.

And a banner that reads "To Dave: Congratulations on the success of your Kickstarter project and THIRTY-FIVE years of Cerebus!!!!!"

Why am I mentioning this?
Because I want to get other self-published comic creators to draw their characters and create a jam tribute for Dave.

So, the idea is draw your creator owened/self-published charecter(s) in party hats and/or holding presents, and then send me a scan and our crack team of technical gurus will digitally assemble a finished jam piece. Also, you should include a rough idea of the height of their character so it'll be easier to assemble them.

I'm also soliciting for ONE PAGE letters of tribute/congratulations that I'll throw into the package with the art for Dave.

So, the RULES TO GET INTO MATT DOW'S CRAZY-ASS SECRET PROJECT:
1: Don't tell Dave.
2: DON'T tell Dave.
3: DON'T tell Dave!
4: The art image is of a party. So your character(s) should be in party hats and holding presents.
5: It has to be YOUR characters. If you wanna draw Spider-Man, you better be Steve Ditko or John Romita Sr.
6: Try to limit yourself to no more than THREE of your characters please. (I'm looking at you Erik Larsen...)
7: For you un-artistic types, it's a ONE PAGE letter, don't be sending your fifty page manifesto.
8: Don't tell Dave.
9: How do you get in on this? E-mail me at mouseskull@gmail.com with the words "Cerebus 35" in the subject line, or post a comment or something. I dunno, just let me know you want in somehow.

Everybody feel free to spread the word (but not to Dave.)

Remember, if you want in on this, E-mail me at mouseskull@gmail.com that's mouseskull at gmail dot com. And don't tell Dave.

Oh, and the deadline is the end of November since December is the cover date to Cerebus #1 and I wanna get this to Dave by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment