Sunday, July 1, 2012

Soliciting with Intent

So, if you are Famous the Comic Book Creator, and I "tweeted" you to check out this blog, I guess I should explain myself.

You were chosen to be "tweeted", because you are Big Time Comic Book Man (or Woman, (it could happen...)) and I want a selection of "Marquee" Comic Book Industry Names to join the Jam, so that I can use your Big Time Comic Book Name to recruit more people for the jam.

(Ideally, I'd love to get all seven Image founders onboard.)

So who am me anyway?

My name is Matt Dow. I'm a Small Press Mini-Comic creator (6 issues and counting...) I'm also a fan of Dave Sim and Cerebus the Aardvark.

Here's me the first time I gave Dave Sim a gift:

Namely, a gold watch for his retirement. (Yeah, guess I should have waited longer than a month to make SURE he was retired...)

I'm the one on the left.

Dave and I have a weird relationship. He once called and asked me about which comic book computer forums he should visit for his Internet Tour. I really didn't have an answer because I don't use Internet forums at all.

Then last August, he called and asked if I wanted to submit pitches to glamourpuss. The results of THAT can be seen in glamourpuss twenty-five, page nine.
Ya know, because MOST retired guys DON'T do 25 issues of another Comic...

Also, I once send him a Hugh Hefner smoking jacket Halloween costume.  Because he asked for it. No, really.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I really dig Cerebus, and REALLY wanna make this the best damn virtual Jam EVER!

So anybody who can help that become a reality is awesome in my book. And I know I'm asking for a free sketch, but I only really need a digital copy of it, and you could always sell the original.

OR better yet, you could donate the original to either the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, or the HERO Initiative. That way your sketch can help others. And that might make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

So please, join the Jam if you can, and please spread the word to others who might wanna join the fun.

Because it won't be a party without YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment